Monday, January 29, 2007

Introductions


Hi. I'm Blue. That's not my real name, of course, but it's what you can call me while we spend our time together.

I'm going to India in August. To Hyderabad, in Andhra Pradesh. I've never been to India before. I've been to Europe, in a whirlwind tour of twelve countries in fourteen days (a sadist's idea of a good time for high school choral students), and I've spent a summer in Toronto working for the Fringe Theatre festival. But I've never been to India.

So... this is my plan: to spend the next eight months writing, linking, connecting, and sharing everything I learn. If you jump on board now, you can follow me through the entire trip.

I should add a caveat: undoubtedly I will be seeing everything with new eyes, with tourist eyes, with little-white-girl-in-a-blue-salwar eyes. But that's not exactly what I want this blog to be about. I want to understand this trip, culturally and contextually, as well as I can. That's where I need your help. If you've traveled before, if you've been to India before (or are there right now), if you've wrestled through a Madhur Jaffrey cookbook before... let's talk.

Enough for now. Welcome!

1 comment:

Vishnu said...

Hi I am an Indian from Hyderabad my perceptions of Hyderabad maybe different but I will look forward to see how an outsider will think of my place.
And maybe pitch in sometimes to explain somethings which might not be too evident for you to understand.
All the best