I can has domain name!!!!!!
www.bluelightful.com will take you right to my new blog; no need to rack your brain for Cole Porter lyrics.
This was a gift from a friend who is more than awesome.
When I get the for-real job, I promise I will find a way to give back, or to "pay it forward," as it were.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
I can has domain name!!!!!!
Friday, April 18, 2008
I've packed up and shifted my blogging home over to Bluelightful, Bluelicious, Bluelovely.
Please update bookmarks/site feeds as appropriate.
I hope all of the readers who have traveled with me here at PrettyBlueSalwar will join me at my new home!
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Monday, April 14, 2008
I was late to class today. Not by much (the university clocktower was striking 11:00 as I ran into the building) but late nonetheless.
I was late because I didn't have anything to wear.
I didn't buy spring/summer clothes last year. While I was still in the US, I survived temping by cycling through three pairs of polyester slacks alternated with about five work-appropriate blouses. There was no air-conditioning in my apartment, so I would come home and strip to a pair of gym shorts and a tank top.
In India, I bought seven blue salwars (and one purple one -- and received one orange salwar and one silver salwar as gifts).
Long story short, there's not much in my closet that's appropriate to wear -- especially to teach -- on a warm spring day. All the temp-clothes have long worn thin. I have tried to rock a kurta over jeans, but even that just looks faded and limp, a reminder that all of my India clothes (and, in fact, all of my jeans) spent three months being washed and wrung out in a five-gallon bucket.
When I did slip into the large lecture hall, late and miserably shabby, one of the other TAs leaned over and whispered to me "don't worry, I still think you look hot."
In preparation for the upcoming move, I have started selling off seven years' worth of accumulated textbooks; I went to the theatre building lounge with a few large (and heavy) boxes, set up a makeshift display, and within the first day made $139. If I sell them all I'll have around $220. I had hoped to save the money for the move, but some of it may have to go toward clothes.
We will see.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
BombayGirl tagged me with the following meme:
First, the rules:Let's do #1 and #2 and call it a day, 'k? ^__^
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
- Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
- Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
Six non-important things about me:
1. Right now, I'm doing my laundry.
2. Also right now, I'm selling off seven years' worth of textbooks on Facebook. So far I've made $20, which is fantastic. If I sell them all, I'll make about $200.
3. In a moment, I am going to go to the grocery store and purchase the following items:
- Garbage bags (store brand)
- Antibacterial hand soap (store brand)
- Conditioner (Garnier Length and Strength)
- Peanut butter (store brand)
- Strawberry preserves (store brand)
- Two loaves whole-wheat bread (store brand)
- Frozen broccoli (store brand)
- Frozen "whatever other vegetable looks good" (store brand)
4. Tonight, I get to watch my favorite two hours of television: The Simpsons, King of the Hill, American Dad, and Family Guy. (I'll cook the sabzi during American Dad, because it's usually pretty awful.)
5. I've seen every episode of The Simpsons, or at least I think I have. One of these days I'll have to go through and check them off to make sure I haven't missed any.
6. The dryer's buzzing. GTG!