It's very likely that the entirety of Allen Lee's "arresting" story will make the rounds of the internet either today or tomorrow, as Lee stated in a Northwest Herald article that he had given a copy to a friend, who is supposed to pass it along to Cary-Grove students, who will, I hope, eventually pass it along to the internet.
The press have released two more interesting pieces of information, though.
First, the class assignment (from the Northwest Herald):
A copy of the assignment obtained Thursday night included the following guidelines for a “free writing” exercise:
• “Write nonstop for a set period of time.”
• “Do not make corrections as you write.”
• “Keep writing, even if you have to write something like, ‘I don’t know what to write.’ ”
• “Write whatever comes into your mind.”
• “Do not judge or censor what you are writing.”
The assignment included additional guidelines such as, “If your free writing is neat and coherent, you probably haven’t loosened up enough.”
Second, three excerpts from Lee's story, from the Chicago Sun-Times:
• “As a teacher, don’t be surprised on inspiring the first CG
[Cary-Grove High School]
• “Blood, sex, booze. Drugs, drugs, drugs are fun. Stab, stab, stab, stab, stab, s..t..a..b...puke.”
• “So I had this dream last night where I went into a building, pulled out two P 90s
[submachine guns] and started shooting everyone, then had sex with the dead bodies. Well, not really, but it would be funny if I did.”
what do you think?
I don't have a lot of time to spend writing today, so I will let you, Team Readers, comment with your own reactions.
And remember, if your comments are legible and coherent, you haven't loosened up enough. ^__^