Saturday, March 3, 2007

Snowed in (or: Pretty Leather Mules!)

As you can probably guess (by the fact that I'm writing this and not schmoozing with Joseph Roach* and his friends) I did not make it to MATC. Over 400 flights to Minneapolis were canceled yesterday.

On the plus side, I got to see my show again and I got to see my parents, who drove in to a matinee performance. (I also got to go shopping with my mother and she bought me a pair of pretty leather mules! I seem to have acquired a collection of backless shoes as of late... odd, because they're kind of useless in the face of continual snow. Does that stop me from wearing them, or from wearing sturdy shoes in to campus and then changing in my office? Absolutely not.)

My advisers were in to see the play this afternoon, which always makes life a little squirmy because I want to sit right next to them and say things like "I know that light cue came up a beat late! The stage manager usually does it perfectly! I really didn't direct it like that!"

I'll write a longer post soon, but I wanted to stop in and say hi. So... hi!

* Just so you know -- I don't actually know Mr. Roach. Or his friends. But he's the person theatre grad students are supposed to watch out for at these conferences, on the off chance that they might end up next to him in an elevator or something and be able to share a few seconds of his time.

No comments: