Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Blue's Product Placement: Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

I shop store brand. For nearly everything. Oatmeal, cookies, coffee, soap. I even swapped out my favorite Dental Care for the much less appealing Ultrabrite (which is supposed to have some baking soda in it somewhere, but for the life of me I can't find it).

But there is one product for which I will not shop store brand. I tried, and switched back instantly.

That'd be my Garnier Fructis Length and Strength shampoo and conditioner.

I love this stuff. I discovered it in Hyderabad, when I was using my increased purchasing power to try every different shampoo I could get my hands on. (I was buying new shampoo all the time, given that the university kirana only sold 8-oz bottles.)

Long story short, I've got almost two feet of hair now and Garnier helps keep it soft and fluffy.

I did have a problem, though. During the course of a day, my hair would start to separate into straggly individual locks. I wanted a curtain of long, straight hair, not something that looked unkempt and unbrushed.

I also wanted my hair to stay glossy throughout the day, instead of turning dry and dull by evening.

So. I tried using more conditioner, and less conditioner, and then I tried using different conditioner. I tried using hairspray to get my hair to stay together (I don't recommend this one). Once I bought some "conditioning milk" that was on super sale (not a Garnier product -- this one was Sunsilk), but that only made my hair feel greasy.

I spent most days walking around with a rubber band on my wrist, so that I could scoop my disheveled hair into a messy bun around 4 p.m.

And then I went to the Garnier website.

They've got this fantastic little application called "Hair 411," where you get to name your specific hair problem through a flowchart-style interface. Then they list a few suggested products.

For me, that product was Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum.

Since I'm a competitive shopper, I know exactly which supermarket chain sells Garnier product at the lowest price. I got my magic serum for $3.

And ladies and gentlemen, let me tell you about how fabulous this little bottle of goo is. I haven't yet been able to replace my digital camera, so I can't take a picture. Whatever it does, it does well. My hair stayed glossy and fresh-looking all day long, and not once did it get clumpy or straggly.

Oh, Garnier. I know you've got someone on your team who follows site links, so to the rep reading this: I heart your product.

8 comments:

ctrlalteredmind said...

i digg this blog post for the use of kirana, you're more desi than anyone I know :P

store brands rock.

Blue said...

A kirana is a kirana is a kirana, no?

It has no other name. ^__^

Sticky business said...

Yay! Less hairspray :-P

Niranjana said...

Hate to rain on your non-frizzy parade but: Garnier is a bit dodgy (at least to me)--they were recently fined for carrying out a racist recruitment campaign...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6279418.stm

Blue said...

Aww, crap.

I'm going to have to YouTube some Garnier commercials to see if that pattern holds true in the US.

I only remember the commercials I saw in Amritsar (during the days I spent watching StarWorld and recovering from food poisoning), and those used Indian models.

Anonymous said...

vab банк
vab банк
[url=http://globalist.org.ua/?p=19244]vab банк[/url]
http://globalist.org.ua/?p=19244 - vab банк

Anonymous said...

The effects are gradual and the result will vary for each user.(vimax pills) However, further review show that most users experience benefits within the first week. In the first month you can expect erections that stay longer than usual and your penile may even start to become wider. penis enlargement pills - http://www.cucumaerot.com

Anonymous said...

They are becoming the enhancement option of choice for many men for several reasons. vimax pills is the best penis enlargement pills on the market today.more info visit http://www.male-sexual.com/vimax-pills.html
- http://www.pillspenisproducts.com