Saturday, July 28, 2007

By Jove... no, sorry, I can't.

Okay. In the past year or so, I have fallen in love with a great many things... lime pickle, Shahrukh Khan, Carnatic music, Malgudi Days, Amit Chatterji, etc.

But I have to draw the line at P. G. Wodehouse.

I don't get it. I mean, I do -- there's this guy, and his butler, and they keep trying to pull off these crazy schemes -- but I just... it just.. um... I don't find it funny.

Of course, I do find "mmmm... donuts" extremely funny, so maybe it says something about my sense of humor.

I've got my flame-retardant blue jeans on, so retaliate away!

Recent posts in favor of Wodehouse:

Ash's post
Falstaff's post

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like ALW's "By Jeeves" which is based on P.G.'s work.

I can't say i've read any of the P.G. Wodehouse books, though.

tinkertoon said...

PG Wodehouse has the most subtle humour of all authors in that genre... and frankly you are the first ones of the lot who don't seem to enjoy Jeeves.. but then again, not everyone is expected to get it, right?