Thursday, August 23, 2007

Chak De "Chak De!"

All right. After a good hour of typing in various search words like "Hyderabad cinema showtimes" I have finally discovered a movie theater in the city playing Chak De India.

Don't bother telling me that there must be many theaters in the area playing the movie; I'm sure there are, but I only need the one. ^__^

It's at the same Hyderabad Central where I bought the salwars. Which is good, because I've been there before. I'd like to hit the afternoon show so I get back before dark.

Which brings me back to transport. I've been told that no auto-rickshaw driver will take me all the way into the city; I'll need to change drivers at Gachi Bowli.

Or I call for a car tomorrow morning. Indulgent, natch; but at least I'll get there and back.

I'll ask the team at dinner tonight; but what do you all think?

8 comments:

tinkertoon said...

change at Gachi Bowli... thrift is the key to experiencing India from close-by...

Anonymous said...

Find a friend.

Anonymous said...

Agree with anon, take a friend until you're more comfortable with routes and haggling with rickshaw-drivers :)

Avinash said...

I second the haggling part. You'll definitely need an Indian to haggle with the rickshaw drivers if they don't use their meters.

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

actually i find the ricks in Hyd much better (when it comes to cheating) compared to other cities of India, I would also recommend convincing a frend to accompany u and rickshaw is the bestest option in Hyd so u can change one at Gachi Bowli.
Another tip, next time you visit a bank, you can request for change for a few hundreds - they generally give a bundle of ten rupees - helps a lot while commuting in ricks..

Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

and a useful site for the movie listings would be
http://www.fullhyderabad.com/htdocs/arts/movies.html

njoy!

radiantbear said...

Car a better idea, you shud go.. :)

Anonymous said...

Take the 216 to Mehdipatnam. Take 49M to Panjagutta. Bus rides are mostly fun. But better take a friend along!