Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Obligatory Post About My Cat

I'm spending my final pre-India days at my parents' house, soaking up the free food and air conditioning.

I am, of course, leaving several boxes of things behind with them (books, winter clothes, etc.).

I'm also leaving behind my cat, Miri.

I adopted Miri from an animal shelter three years ago. When I took her to the vet for the first time, the vet said "I am so glad that you chose to adopt an adult cat; everyone always picks the kittens and the adults hardly ever find homes." I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was less of a moral decision than a practical one; I was working full-time and commuting and didn't have the time or patience to train up a kitten. ^__^

I am going to miss my kitty. Terribly. And worst of all is that I know she's going to freak out while I am away. Like many adult shelter cats, she has a great fear of abandonment, and although she's very familiar with my parents' house (and with my parents), it won't at all be her home. People who have stayed with her when I've taken weekends away say she sits by the door and meows like crazy.

Anyway. Here's the picture, since everyone loves kitty pictures.


And now I suppose I've done the obligatory blog post about my cat. ^__^

3 comments:

Space Bar said...

Miri is a she? I though ginger cats were always male...

Blue said...

Miri is a she. Ginger cats are most often male, but every once in a while a female slips through. ^__^

Unknown said...

yay kitty!