Sunday, November 25, 2007

Back to my Grad Student Digs

I spent yesterday moving back in to my graduate student apartment.

It's so wonderful to be surrounded by everything clean and organized.

In my closet, the clothes are arranged by color and then by style within the color. I have four white sweaters, five brown ones, five black ones, and one green one. I don't think I've ever had this many nice-looking sweaters. I usually only have as much clothing as there are days of the week.

(In case you're wondering, I do also have a blue sweater, and a pink one, and a few other colorful ones... all from Goodwill. The blue one has a nickel-sized hole in the front, but I wore it to class last winter with a scarf draped over the hole. These sweaters are all in a box under my bed so I won't be tempted to wear them out in public, but so they'll be available for "light hang days" and the like.)

My desk is organized according to the type of materials in each drawer. My kitty is purring happily on her blanket. There are wind chimes above my desk, and candles on my dresser.

Please, please let it stay this organized all year.

No comments: