Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Famous Amritsari Pictures!



I actually have several very nice pictures of the Golden Temple. Unfortunately, this internet is very slow at uploading pictures. (Not to mention that it won't let me rotate them, and I would hate to show you a bunch of upside-down pictures.)


So I'll just give you one, to prove that I am still alive an' kicking.


I have been very surprised at the number of people (usually young girls) who want to take their picture with me. In Lal Bagh, at Mysore Palace, and now here. I suppose my face will be gracing countless university hostel-room bulletin boards. At any rate, here I am, surrounded by admirers. ^__^


(Note to my hosts in Bangalore: yes, that is the salwar you gifted me. The tailoring turned out great!)

8 comments:

Anon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blue said...

Oh noes! How to respond?! ^__^

Pick one:

1. Isn't "looking exactly how I sound" a good thing?

2. Well, I got propositioned enough times in India that I must have been at least a *bit* attractive.

3. You have no idea how ill I was when that picture was taken. (Ha! Now you feel BAD!)

4. You've got Angelina Jolie, isn't that enough?

5. Are you going to show me *your* picture?

Don't worry, I'll forgive you 'cause you apologized. ^__^

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I deleted that comment. All I meant was we (my indian friends) have a joke about the kind of white girls you meet at Indian stuff. No offense was meant and it was stupid of me to say.

Anon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blue said...

No probs.

White people generally have thick skins. ^__^

Here's a better pic of me, btw.

http://prettybluesalwar.blogspot.com/2007/09/gamera-aka-pictures.html

Blue said...

Blast -- the link's too long and won't work!

Do a search for "Gamera." It'll bring up the page.

Anon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.