Thursday, November 22, 2007

Tasting Turkey (once more, for the last time)

Well, the Turkey Day fun has ended, at my house. For those of you curious to know, I did taste a small piece of turkey, despite my confirmed vegetarianism. It was because it looked so much like all the delicious turkeys served at childhood Thanksgivings (all happy turkeys look alike), and I wanted to see if it tasted as good as my nostalgia.

But, although it tasted like turkey, just the little bit was more than enough. I think I've lost my taste for meat, which is fine.

On the list of "things for which I am thankful:"

Goblet fold. (If you don't know what that is, you've never worked "fine dining" food service.)

The fact that sweet potato casserole contains marshmallows. And, this year, the fact that sweet potato casserole contains sweet potatoes.

The reminder, while eating the sweet potatoes, that it's almost turnip season and I'll soon get to make this delicious recipe.

The kheer turning out well.

I should do some kind of crazy meme and demand y'all tell me what you're thankful for, but ohmygoodness it's post-prandial rest time.

But tomorrow... tomorrow, have I got a story for you. Wait and see.

Editor's Note: 500 bonus points for the person who can identify the "once more, for the last time" quote. If you want a hint, it's also from a Russian author. ^__^

No comments: