Wednesday, September 5, 2007

In Which Blue Starts Dreaming About Food

Two nights ago I dreamed I was making scrambled eggs. I never got to eat them; it was enough work in the dream to find the eggs and find the frying pan and all of that... but then I was cooking them over a nice gas range, with a whole bottle of ketchup sitting nearby... and I woke up.

Last night I dreamed that I had gone out to buy Krispy Kreme donuts for a group of my former roommates (Miss Ginny et al). But, as in the first dream, I couldn't find them right away. Stores were closed. Roads were closed. I went up and down looking for a Krispy Kreme. Through torrential rain, if I remember correctly.

And then I found one. I ordered four donuts with pink frosting and sprinkles (the "Homer donut"), four donuts with chocolate frosting, and four donuts with Creamsicle frosting. I don't believe Krispy Kreme sells donuts with Creamsicle frosting IRL, but in this dream they did. (And should, in my opinion.)

Being no pig, I then had to drive the donuts back to Ginny and the other roommates. They sat there next to me on the front passenger seat, wrapped in their white cardboard and shiny cellophane.

I wanted a pink one and a chocolate one and a Creamsicle one.

Instead, of course, I woke up.

Interestingly, I remembered when I woke up that real Krispy Kremes sell "baker's dozens," which has left me pondering, in a sort of food pr0n way, what the thirteenth donut would have been. I'm guessing it would have been a blueberry cake donut, although then I would have had to order more than one to ensure that everyone who wanted one could eat one, and that would have upset the balance of the pink and chocolate and Creamsicle donuts.

Are there Krispy Kremes in India? If not, perhaps I should open one. How would one say "Hot Donuts Now" in Telugu?

1 comment:

ctrlalteredmind said...

no Krispy Kreme, but we grew up with an awesome bakery in the neighborhood in Bombay. They didn't have variety, but they more than made up for that with their amazing chocolate donuts, oooohhhh... thanks for making me day-dream about donuts now, Blue :)